Since my surgery a little over two weeks ago my days have gone something like this:
- Wake up, roll over and hyperventilate from the pain shooting down from my back into my foot.
- Take a pill (I keep one in a pill bottle next to my bed so I don't have to get up for it.
- Lie still for 30 minutes despite having to pee so that the pill has time to kick in and I can get out of bed without passing out.
- Go about my day for 2-3 ours until pill starts to wears off.
- Suffer for the last 2-3 hours of the pill wearing off until I can take another one.
- Take another pill and go about my day for another 2-3 hours.
- Spend the rest of the day feeling the pain, tired, uncomfortable and irritable because I don't want to take another pill because it would mean I'm taking 5 pills a day and I don't want to do that. By this time it's not just my back and leg though, it's also aching in the surgery area
- Long for bedtime so I can take my 2 before bed pills and sleep relatively pain free.
- Start all over again the next day.
Well guess what. It's 9 hours later and I haven't taken that next pill yet.
I've been sewing like a maniac. I've got the quilt about 3/4 finished and it looks fantastic! And I feel fantastic. I'd go on to finish the rest of the quilt today but I don't have the quilting batting, I need to go buy some.
It's like sewing has brought me my old self back. I feel GREAT!!
Anyhow, the quilt is gorgeous. I tossed around the idea of keeping it or selling it on Etsy but I think I'm going to use it either for a raffle prize or a door prize at the headshave. And I'm going to make another one. And another one.
I've missed the old me.