Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the Unknown.

Only two days left before I return to work outside the home for the first time in 4 years.

I went into the school yesterday with my fellow ECE to speak with the principal and get a feel for what was happening Thursday morning and then next week. Oddly enough I came out of there feeling less confident and more nervous. You see, the teacher I was going to be working with decided to retire over the summer. Yeah, great. So the principal was meeting with some teachers yesterday to sort it out. So, now I won't meet the teacher I'm working with until Thursday. Great. I was looking forward to working with the other teacher. What if the new one is not 'on board' with the ELP? I would think she (he?) would be if she's chosen to interview for a job teaching it but it could also be that there just aren't any other good teaching jobs out there and she's desperate to work. Argh!

I'm proud of how far out of my comfort zone I've stepped. I'm going to meetings (voluntarily) and talking with people (when it's not necessary) just because I think it's for the best. 5 years ago there is no way I could have taken this job. The thought of going into something this unknown would have been too much for me.

Sean commented the other day that he wondered how long it would be before I said I wanted to quit. I wasn't thrilled with that lack of confidence. He says he's really proud of me but then throws a comment around like that. He also claims to have been joking but as the old saying goes, "the truest things are said in jest" Well he and his jokes can bite me.

Wish me luck on Thursday. I'm scared shitless.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be great! Just like the first day of school when we were kids, walking in the door will be the hardest part. Just take a deep breath and remember you belong there, the teachers and kids are lucky to have you! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, you will do great!!! I have great confidence in you:)

    ReplyDelete