Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

A few pictures

I've discovered that with blogger if I want my pictures to show up a little bigger I need to create a page for them. I'm just to lazy at the moment.

Our zoo is one of the best in the world. It's the third largest in North America. It's also the first to be arranged bio geographically. So we don't have a monkey house and a cat house, we have the African Savannah, African Rainforest, Eurasia, Americas....and the animals in those areas are the animals that are found in that part of the world.

I love the zoo. We have a family membership and it more than pays for itself because we spend a lot of time there. It also has an awesome splash pad and through the summer we'll often go to the zoo and not actually see any animals.

I've taken a million and one pictures at the zoo. Some I enter in the zoo's photo contest but the contest has closed for the year.

I was there this weekend and I got this shot of the polar bear. I love it and now I'm bummed the contest is closed...it's a good shot.



I've also taken a million and one pictures of the flowers in my backyard but since yellow is my favorite colour I thought I'd post it.




Several years ago I took some pictures if the girls together. I printed them in black and white and since then they've been hanging in my living room. I've been trying to get some good ones with all the kids together and finally I did. This is one of them. I got 4 with their faces all tight together and now it hangs in my living room opposite the picture of the girls.




I was thinking of adding to my Etsy shop. Last Christmas I made blank note cards for my mom and some friends with photos I'd taken (most of them were fall pictures I'd taken at the zoo - it's a fabulous place to take nature pictures because it's in the heart of the Rouge Valley)

Anyhow, I've been touring around Etsy and thinking perhaps I could add some of my blank note cards....perhaps mix it up a bit and throw in some seasonal cards. We'll see.

On a high note, my bags are really starting to sell. I've made $100 for the Relay already. I'm quite proud of myself.

If you haven't already, please check out my Etsy shop. Better yet, buy a bag.....you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. ok, the polar bear picture is amazing!! I love it!! (I love the pics of your kids, but today I love animals more,lol) and the note cards? GREAT idea!! I would buy 'em and I know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete