Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Today is going to be a great day!

Mary has a CD of songs from the TV show Phineas and Ferb. The full version of the title song is on it and the chorus goes...

"This could possibly be the best day ever
And the forecast says that tomorrow will likely be a million and six times better
So make every minute count, jump up, jump in and seize the day
And lets make sure that in every single possible way
Today's gonna be a great day"

I love this part of the song. Really fitting for the title of this blog, no? Life is what you make it.

I've seen such a transformation in myself in the last few years. From my rock bottom in '06 to now. I'm so much more enthusiastic, excited, happy.... And even though I've had a lot of shit thrown at me since the year from hell (namely my Dad's cancer and death) I've managed to stay above the surface, keep breathing and keep moving forward. Story To Be Continued.....

I was searching through kijiji last night (for my US friends it's like Craigslist for Canucks) and looking for people selling fabrics. I'm finally finding my legs in the bag making and have developed my own pattern to my bags will all be pretty uniform. So now I need to really be particular about the materials I'm using. Mary's curtains were a good starting point but I need the heavier materials and after making the 'Jenny' bag ("I'm going to start naming the bags for the people who order them - designer bags all have names...so will mine! lol) and the checkered one (which I LOVE and may buy for myself) I've discovered what works.

So I was searching for material for sale and found an ad for some for sale and replied to it asking about the material type. I then posted my own ad for heavy cotton or broadcloth. In my ad I said I was willing to pay but was hoping for donations since it was for fundraising purposes and the idea is to keep the overhead as low as possible so that the return is high therefore giving me more money to directly raise.
This morning I got two emails, one from the person I replied to and one from my own ad. It was the same person. She does have material I can use and despite the fact that she was planning to sell it (as per her ad) she's offered to donate the material I can use for our cause.

This is just another example of the inherent goodness in people. I'm coming up with big plans. I'm going to open my Etsy store by the end of the week (I'd like to have about 6 or so bags to list with in the beginning.) I'm also going to start looking in to local craft shows and fairs to get into. And of course, at the Relay next June I'm going to request a vendor site and I'll sell the bags there during the Relay.

My birthday countdown is officially on. Only 4 more days. I think Sean is giving me the gift of shopping (ssshhhh, don't tell him I know) and I've already got a list made of what I'm going to need for when I start work. Only 3 weeks left. Holy crap! This summer flew by.

Friday is the last day for little "M" to be coming for 'unofficial' daycare. We made her a DVD video montage of pictures I'd taken over the past 6 years. We gave it to her early last week and we kept a copy for ourselves. Connor and Mary both love watching it. I do too but I'll tell ya, I'm a GIANT wiener and I cry every. single. time. It's going to be strange not having her here. And even though we'll still see her a lot I'm sure....it's still weird. Whoever she goes to for daycare better be good to her....I don't want to have to kick some ass.

Well, that's it for now. It's a sunshiney day. The storm last night wiped out the humidity so we're going to get out and seize the day!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment