Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A New Venture

I'm so ridiculously excited.

I've toyed with writing for a long time. I've written several children's stories (picture books) and have attempted to get published. Unsuccessfully so far but I remind myself that Dr Seuss's first story And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street was rejected 57 times before it was published. So I hold on to some hope and I'll keep on trying.

I've really wanted to write something for an adult audience but that's been more of a struggle for me. Finding the right story, something that interested me enough to stick with it and something I could develop a solid story line and characters with.

I've found it. Or, should I say, it found me.

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of it not turning out as great as it all sounds in my head but I've started already and gained some serious momentum. I've also enlisted some help from some friends for research purposes....I can't write what I don't know.  So it's out there now. I can't take it back.

I'm not going to give away too much but I will say it's inspired by my PP sisters and the bonds that have grown. It's such a great real life story that it's so easy to take that real life story, combine the personalities of all them into a few solid characters and create some fictional - and some not so fictional  story lines to develop a really great story.

My ever supportive husband says "If it's something that interests you, I'm sure it will be great." This is code for "It sounds like a chick book."

Well duh.

3 comments:

  1. Oohh, I can't wait! If it's based in the PP, then it's GOT to be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read it!! Keep it up and best of luck with it. Sounds like a great thing.
    Samh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go jJean! You are such an amazing inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete