Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Busses, Elevators and a medical update

I thought about making this two blog posts but frankly I'm too lazy. I've got some budgeting to do and some photo CD's to burn for my Kindergarten Graduation.

Connor has developed quite an imagination. This morning he told me the bus was coming to take him to the mall. I had to come to. So into the playroom we went (yeah, it's working out GREAT since I cleaned and organized it) to wait for the bus. He even gave me money to pay for the bus with. It's funny, since he's never been on public transit and even if he had been, it would have been a subway and we don't pay to ride the subway. So I don't know where he's getting his frame of reference from but I love it all the same.

So the bus came and we got on. I paid the man and we sat down (we had to squat).  And then we do nothing. We don't talk. We don't move, we just squat. Finally the bus stopped and we got off. But - then it was time to get on the elevator.

Connor seems to love elevators. I'm glad to see my overwhelming fear has not rubbed off on him (it's actually ironic as last night I had an elevator dream - the first in a long time - in which the elevator was not responding to the buttons and fell to the ground) 

Connor's bedroom is the elevator. We are to go in, close the door and push the number we want to go to. And then we stand there and look around, and don't talk, and don't do anything until he tells me we're there and we're allowed to open his bedroom door.

I love this his imagination is exploding like this. I love to see what he comes up with. I can't wait to watch it blossom even more.

On to the update.

I saw my Dr yesterday. He's still not sure why my lymph nodes are swollen. (I've also got a swollen gland by my ear) and he sent me down for a bunch of blood work. He's sending me to see a hematologist who will go over all the results of the blood work and give him his thoughts on what's happening.

I'll be honest, I'm not feeling very encouraged. He did say that all of my results thus far have been good but that we can't rule anything (and by anything - you know what I mean) yet.

So, I continue to wait....and worry.

Positive thoughts needed.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm, that stinks you didn't get any answers. Hang in there, and I'm sending all my good thoughts and virtual hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete