Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hmmmm

What does it mean when the Dr calls you at 10:30 and night from her home and says she wants to see you the next day "because we haven't met in a while and should discuss some things".

I don't know either but I'm scared as hell. For a Dr who, until now, seemed to be taking things a little easy this late night, not from the office, call has put me on edge.

The really funny part....I'm actually hoping the reason she's bringing me in is because she wants to tell me that she's decided to do a mastectomy. I'm prepared for that. I'm not prepared for anything worse.

Who'd have thought I'd ever see the day where I was hopeful a Dr would tell me she's going to hack my boobs off.   I mean, obviously I'm more hopeful that she's going to say "Oh shit, we made a giant mistake and you don't have cancer after all" but I'm also not a fool and don't give in to fantasies like that. They just set you up for disappointment. Remember, I'm a realist.

Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough. Happy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you were able to get some sleep. That's some abrupt bedside manner from a Dr.

    ReplyDelete