Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birth and Rebirth

At 2 pm tomorrow I should be on the operating table. It should take about an hour and a half and then another hour and a half in the recovery room before I get back to my room.

Sean will text or call a few people when he gets any information and I will text or call a few people when I'm awake enough. For the rest of you, never fear, I won't leave you wondering for great lengths of time about what is happening. My dear friend Jenny (affectionately known as Texas Jenny in our house because we know several Jenny/Jennifer's and this narrows down who we're talking about) has kindly agreed to update the blog for me.

Saturday is my 38th birthday. I'll wake up in the hospital less on body part and on a journey unlike one I've ever had before. So while Saturday is my 38th birthday it's also my Re-Birth Day. The first day of the rest of my life. The first day of my road to being a survivor. I plan to celebrate not only many, many more birthdays but many, many more re-birthdays too. 

The nurse at my pre-op today told me I had a wonderful frame of mind and a great attitude. She laughed at my joke when she confirmed my weight and I said "164 but I'll likely be about 5lbs less after the surgery."  I'll be honest, it's not always this rosey, I do cry a lot, but I also smile and hug my kids and thank God for the life I've had so far and pray for strength to get through this. I find so much strength in the phone calls, emails and cards I'm getting from so many people. It is indeed true that you find out who your friends are in time of crisis and I am blessed with so many friends I sometimes can't believe it.

YOU, my family and friends are my strength and with you, I can get through anything.

I'll be back as soon as I'm up and around (or stir crazy and begging for my Mom's laptop in bed.) 

See ya soon!

6 comments:

  1. Jean, I'm just so inspired by your positive attitude. You are an amazing women! I'll be praying that everything goes well tomorrow. We love you! (And by "we" I think you know who I mean.)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all thinking of you! We pray for a noneventful and successful surgery, a speedy recovery and a resulting clean bill of health. Happy re-birthday in advance. Love you, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you sweetie & wishing I could be back in Toronto for a few days to support you in person! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, friend. You are amazing. Best wishes today, Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Here's to a speedy and comfortable recovery for you and big (((hugs))) to all of you form both of us. xoxoxo

    Sarah and Phil

    ReplyDelete