Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Laundry - 1, Me - 0

I do roughly 8 loads of laundry a week. I think that's pretty decent considering there are 5 of us. (I do 3 loads of dishes in the dishwasher a day but that's a different post)
You'd think that because I do so much laundry I'd be able to do it with my eyes shut right? Not so.
I bought a new blouse last week. I really liked this blouse. It was pink (I don't own a lot of pink, I'm normally not a fan) It was flattering (for my ever growing body - damn food!) And it looked good with jeans or dress clothes so I would actually get a lot of wear out of it.
Most of my wardrobe is kid friendly. Let's face it, I'm not going to wear my Sunday best when I'm finger painting with 19 month olds or making paper mache volcanoes with 6 year olds. So I don't own a lot of dress clothes. It's a waste of money for me.
I don't spend a lot of money on clothes. I would rather buy stuff for the kids and often feel guilty about buying things for myself.
I did the laundry this weekend. I specifically looked at the tag of my new blouse and decided that I would not put it in the dryer because it would shrink.
Usually when I do laundry I bring Connor downstairs with me, I can't hear him up there and he likes to play with Nana (read: he likes to eat Nana's cookies) But Nana wasn't home and he was engrossed in watching Chicka Chicka Boom Boom in the girls room so I ran down real fast to switch the load. And guess what got thrown in the dryer. Yep, my new blouse. I was right about it not going in the dryer. It could probably fit Emily now. And the thing is, as much as I loved this blouse I probably won't go buy another one because I'd hate to spend the money (and it wasn't even expensive!)

It's just another lesson in why my wardrobe is denim and t shirts. It's all I can wash without screwing it up.

1 comment:

  1. It appears I may have to share my 'Queen of Shrink' throne with you! Hideous laundry skills in this house

    ReplyDelete