Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crap, crap crappity crap

What is it with me an appliances?

We bought all new appliances when we moved in here 7 yrs ago. Since then, the fridge has some kind of ice build up in the freezer issue which requires us to chisel our way through the freezer once a week or our food gets frozen in. And now the dishwasher is broken.

Now, in all fairness, I would think the average family runs their dishwasher once a day. I run mine 3 times a day, minimum. In the summer months and when school is out, I run it 4 times. I can get away with using paper plates to a point but lets face it, that money tree in the backyard isn't blooming like it should and even at the dollar store it can get pricey always using paper.

And of course, this comes on the heels our dropping a boat load of money to get the sod for the backyard (cross your fingers that the rain on Sunday and Monday holds off!!) So I guess this Saturday is devoted to dishwasher shopping. And then there is the waiting for it to be delivered and the even longer waiting for Sean to actually install it.

Maybe life would be easier if I hand washed the dishes. Do you think I could deduct a portion of a manicure on my taxes because I got dishpan hands washing the daycare dishes? Probably not.
But - I can deduct a portion of the new dishwasher so I guess it's not all bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment