Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's Almost Time

It's time to resume my regularly scheduled life. That means going back to work and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

Yesterday morning I had a bit of a meltdown. It occurred to me that if my cancer were to come back I'd feel like I'd wasted all the time I could have had with my family at work.

I understand that this isn't really true. I have the same school holidays as the kids. My school lets out before theirs so even with my commute I can be home at about the same time they are (well except Connor - he's still half days)

It will be more challenging for me and Sean since he's going to be working nights now. We'll see each other on his days off but since his days off usually aren't on weekends - that limits out time.

I'm anxious about going back after so long. I'm sure I'm working it up in my head to be more stressful than what it will be but until I'm there - it's anyone's guess.

I went in to school yesterday to drop off some of my things - I didn't want to be dragging everything in first thing Monday morning. I had a good talk with the teacher I'll be working with and we've agreed upon some improvements in the schedule and classroom set up so that things might run more smoothly for us both.

So, I just need to jump in with both feet.

We've sold out the Spring Tea fundraiser. I'm so excited. So now we've got to get busy planning our menu and getting the tickets and decorations in place. The baskets are made and ready to go.

As you can see from the ticker on the right, we've raised over $1700.  I doubt we'll reach the $5000 goal we've set - we'd have to raise another $800 and then my Uncle would match that $2500. But I'm not sure we'll get to that $800. We've got the raffle tickets but if everyone at the tea buys 1 set of tickets that will be $200. I'm going to put the change jar in the staffroom at school for the month of May to see if I can collect some pocket change from the staff. And we're having a garage sale in May.

I'm proud of what we've accomplished. After my Uncle matches our pledges we've already raised more money that we did last year. Yay!

I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend getting my work clothes washed and ironed, relaxing and maybe working on that quilt a bit more.

Wish me luck for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment