Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Conversations with Connor

Connor is getting to a great age in which conversations take on a bigger depth. Most times they are  normal 4 year old conversations that involve the words poop and fart peppered in for interest but every now and then he'll come out with something that really makes you think.

Today on the way home from school he told me he wished he had a gun.

Now, for those who don't know me, I have a problem with guns. We don't own a gun and never will. I also don't allow the kids to 'play' guns because the simple fact of the matter is guns are not toys. So his exposure to guns is pretty limited.

So I asked him why he wanted a gun.

He said "So that if someone is going to hurt me I can shoot them."

What??!!! Where the hell did he get that??

So I said, "Well you know, you can't just shoot people. If you shoot someone the police will come and put you in jail."

He said "Well, Daddy does on tv."

Ahhh, now it all makes sense. At some point he's seen Sean playing Call of Duty. So he's decided that if someone bad is going to hurt him he should shoot them. Great.

We had a long conversation about how Daddy is just playing a game on tv and it's not real and if we really shoot people they would die and go to Heaven, like Snickers (our dear departed cat), and we would go to jail.  And more importantly Mommy and Daddy won't let anyone hurt you.

I think I'd rather have had a conversation about boogers.

No comments:

Post a Comment