Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Did I Make a Mistake?

Sean asked me when I came home from work last night if I felt better about my decision to go back.

Yes and no.

It was nice to get out of the house. It was nice to be around people. It was nice to use my brain for more than blogging.

But not to what I went back to.

Anyone who knows me even remotely well knows I thrive on two things - organization and structure.

I've gone back to the antithesis of this.,

I had to wade through 16 feet of crap find the top of my desk. And guess what I found on it. Mouse poop. Yeah, you read that right. Mouse shit on my desk. That's a pretty solid description of my entire class....clutter, wrapped in chaos with a sprinkling of mouse poop. Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit. There was really only a foot of crap on my desk.

I'm overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff that has collected in every nook and cranny of my class and can't function with a clear mind.

And  I can see I'm not alone in the sentiment because the children were loud and chaotic as well.

I'm sure it will get better with time (and a garbage bag) but for now - yes, I have some serious regrets about going back to work now. I'm thinking I should have waited until September.

Too late. I'll just have to suck it up buttercup.

1 comment:

  1. Hello My friend,
    Sorry to hear about your first day back to work. I sure hope it all gets better. I am the same way. I cant stand the clutter in the classroom. I hope things start to look up for you. Tons of Hugs Jean. Message me anytime my dear.
    Oh and keep up the good work Ok.
    Julie
    (Ry's MOM)

    ReplyDelete