Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Best of Both Worlds

So what was that, 4 days? And in actual fact I stayed unplugged even less than that because Mary wanted to invite her bff over for a sleepover so I had to email her mom.

Having said that, I spent the bulk of the 4 days offline and I've learned a few things. I'd like to share them with you.

I still hate the phone.  Plain and simple. I understand the importance of it but still, I'd rather email or have a face to face conversation. Having said that, I didn't miss my email for the last 4 days

I love my blog.  I told my brother the other day that my blog is one of the few things I do solely for myself. It's for me. It's an outlet. I enjoy it and it relaxes me. And even if none of you read it I'd still write it (that doesn't mean you should stop reading though...I'm full of interesting things to say!)

I love my PP sisters. Most of the people in my life, if they need me, can call me or come over. But my PP sisters can't. Okay, well not entirely true, they can call me or text me but not everyone has the kind of cell plan that will allow them to call or text long distance without a heavy fee.  And let's face it. My PP sisters have been such a huge part of my life and some of my greatest supporters during the last year - why in the world would I want to separate myself from them. I need to be online to communicate with them.

I can live without FB. It's kind of funny really, I thought I loved Facebook but in my 4 days away, I didn't miss it at all. In fact, I only used it once - to arrange the sleepover.

So, being unplugged is taking a new turn. I'm keeping my email on vacation response.  That way, I'm not going to feel obliged to check it - especially because people know I was always on it. That doesn't mean I still won't check it....just not as often.

I'm also not bothering with FB anymore. I'll keep it because our Papa's Pride facebook page is there and for some people it's the only way I have to contact them but for the most part.....I'm done with it.

I think that's something I can live with.  It works. It's the best of both worlds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment