Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Tea Fundraiser

Our tea was an overwhelming success! If you look to the right you'll see out little fundraising thermometer has jumped quite a bit. In fact, we were only $212 away from reaching the $2500 goal which, when my Uncle matches our fundraising efforts will put us at our $5000 goal.

We have a garage sale planned for late May so hopefully that will put us over.

So let me tell you about the tea.

We had 26 fabulous baskets for our basket raffle.



We had donations from family, friends, strangers and local businesses of goods and services to build some amazing baskets, including zoo passes, massage gift certificates, Pampered Chef cookware, Scentsy products, Avon......  Let's just say, there were a lot of baskets I wanted to win myself!

My mom and some friends made some amazing sandwiches like asparagus, cucumber/mango, seafood salad. My sister in a law and I made some yummy desserts; brownies, cake pops, and of course...boob cookies. My sister in law provided us with some gorgeous daffodils for the tables.

And the people came.





In fact, we over sold the event and had to bring in more chairs from the next room. And that was with some of the people who bought tickets unable to attend. Not too shabby I think!

Emily and her friend were in charge of the basket raffle


Mary was in charge of admission tickets and door prizes


She also used her cuteness to procure some pledges for her, Connor and Emily.

It was a fun afternoon. We enjoyed some great company, some good food and most of all we raised, in total, over $1200 for the Canadian Cancer Society. I'm proud of what we accomplished!

But I will always set the bar higher - which means next year we'll work harder to raise even more.

And remember, we haven't met our goal yet so if you have not already, please click here and make a donation today. Even if it's only $5. Every little bit helps.



No comments:

Post a Comment