Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

My life - the roller coaster

I'm starting to wonder if I might be bipolar or something. Last week I'm crying on my way to and from work and feeling like a pile of crap and this week I'm on top of the world.

I was reflecting a while ago (as in a while ago this evening) about how awesome my life it.

  • I have a fabulous husband. Sure, we've had moments were fabulous was not the "f" word I would have used to describe him (or him me for that matter)
  • I have 3 of the best kids ever. I fall in love with them more everyday (not in spite of but because of their noisy, eye rolling, "FINE!" pants peeing, temper tantrum ways)
  • I have job I LOVE. Yes, I do, I love my job. Even on the hardest days (yes, I survived the first month and lived to tell about it) I look forward to going to work. I like the people there. I love the paycheck. When we finally get some benefits and our union crap sorted out I'll love that too. I also love that in 7 short weeks I'll be enjoying Christmas Break! Woohoo!
  • I am feeling productive. I've single handedly raised $375 with my Papa's Pride initiative and I'm proud of that. I mean, last year I was beyond proud of the $1500 we raised as a family but I'm more proud of this because it's getting a name out there and that helps raise awareness. Anyone who carries around a Papa's Pride bag has the chance to have someone see the tag and say "Hey, what's that?" which gives them an opportunity to say "Oh, I bought this bag as a fundraiser for cancer....etc etc"  It mean be a little thing - but it's something and I'm proud of it.
The fact of the matter is, I'm happy. It's been a long time since I could honestly say I'm really, truly happy. There was always something nagging me, marital issues, ttc and infertility, not enjoying my job...but now - there is nothing that lingers there - at least not for long.

So there you have it. The ups and downs of me. Enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment