Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I love Mother's Day

I really really do. Not because I get presents (though I love presents!) and not because I get spoiled (I don't -Sean's at work, I still have to make my own meals and break up the cat fights between the girls, do the laundry and dishes and listen to Connor whine)

It's because I get to do those things.

I have three gorgeous, perfect children and sure they make me pull my hair out and sure, as someone said in reference to her own daughter 'they sometimes make you want to do a home tubal ligation', I wouldn't trade this for the world.
I don't sleep through the night anymore, I haven't had a day of relaxation and quiet in over 10 yrs, I don't know what it means to have a clean house or to walk through a room without stepping on Littlest Pet Shops or hot wheels. I haven't used the bathroom alone since Connor was born and a hot bath is usually one of the kids left over water when the bubbles are all gone but I wonder - what would my life be without these things?

I'd have money. I'd have all the gadgets I want. I'd have a job (outside of the home) I'd have a clean home and nice clothes. I might even wear high heels and make up.

But I'd have no purpose. Nothing to work for. No reason to get up in the morning.

I'm sure there are a multitude of childless women out there who are very happy and fulfilled and more power to them, I am happy for them. But that life is not for me.

And so, I am blessed. My purpose in life was to be a mom. I couldn't ask for a greater gift than the one I got today. Three perfect, smiling faces giving me kisses and hugs and singing out "Happy Mother's Day!" right before one spilled the milk, one stole the others stuffed animal and one burst out into tears.

I love my life!!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mom's who are cleaning up your own spilled milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment