Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Giving up the dream

It's been 25 days since my interview.
It's been 13 days since they called my references.

Though I haven't officially been told I didn't get the job, I'm taking the silent phone as a sign that I didn't get the job. Well, that and the fact that I haven't been offered the job.

I'm sad. I was really hoping this was it. My ticket to a good job, out of the house, with good pay...and more over, with respect for my education and abilities rather than being viewed as a professional babysitter. And though I knew it would have been a hard job, a huge adjustment for our family and for me, I was so looking forward to it.

Instead, I'm deflated. I'm back to plan A, working toward opening a daycare centre. But in the meantime I'm feeling useless, resentful, frustrated, trapped....

I've started advertising spaces for the daycare again. I've got an interview scheduled on Friday. (the mom is a teacher....way to go universe for finding a way of shoving it in my face that I apparently didn't get the job) The thing is, because I've had a glimpse of what could have been, I'm feeling even worse about what is.

Only 44 more days until I'm on holidays. I guess that's something to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry! I know it's a bummer when something like this happens :-( Is there perhaps a bright side? Something better to come? Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete