Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

A story

I want to tell a little story.

Our Relay for Life team received a pledge. We've received a lot of pledges (for which I am eternally grateful) but one in particular I felt especially moved by. This pledge was made by a woman who I've known for around 2 1/2 years. (Wow - I can't believe how time has flown by!) When I say I know her I use it in a very nontraditional sense because we have never met and there is a good possibility we may never meet. Geography has a way of interfering. We know each other because we both fought personal battles with infertility and we were both blessed to have had children born in October of 2007. We (and many others) were brought together in shared celebration of our children.
I get a lot of strange looks from family members or real life friends when I talk about my online family (because family is what we've really become) I know they don't understand how you can come to care for people you've never met. But we have. We celebrate with each other and we cry with each other.
My friend's family is waging their own battle with cancer and I pray everyday that they will have a happier ending.
We have received a lot of pledges but that one pledge, made by someone I've never even met meant more to me than I can ever adequately express. It brought me to tears. And I feel truly blessed.
Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Sniff, sniff, sob, sob...and now you've brought me to tears! Love you!

    ReplyDelete