Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why I love Michael's and Other Random Nonsense

I've been a bad little blogger again. I'm neglecting my lovely readers. Sorry. Been busy.

I was asked by my friend's husband to make a  cake for her 40th birthday so I've been getting my supplies together for that. I'm pretty excited. It's going to be gorgeous....assuming I don't screw it up. If it turns out good I'll post a picture for you to oooh and ahhh.  If it turns out crappy....well, I'm not going to mention it again and you'll all forget. Haha.

All these supplies are not cheap though, new cake pans, fondant, a nifty mold to make the decorations...but you see, there is one thing Michael's offers that most other stores don't. 40% off coupons....almost all the time! So today I printed out 5 of them. One per customer per day you say? HA! My mom and I went this morning with a coupon each and bought some fondant. This evening Emily, my Mom and I all went again and bought more fondant and the mold.  So all the stuff I bought cost me $55 instead of $91. 
I never go to Michael's without a coupon and will happily make several trips just to fully utilize that discount.

My mom and I are going to take the Wilton Cake decorating class at Michael's in March. I love making cakes and the ones I've made have turned out pretty good but the truth is, I've been winging it, asking advice from friends who know what they are doing and searching YouTube for helpful videos. That's only going to get me so far. Maybe if I get good at it I can turn it into a little side business.

I've also been planning for the Spring Tea. Tickets have already started to sell and we've got some great prizes lined up. We've still got lots of time though so I'm not going to really turn on the overpowering sales pitch until March.

I redecorated the bathroom today. What I want to do is paint it but it's just not in the budget right now so instead I bought new bath mats, new shower curtains and took out an old ugly shelf that was in there. I also bought new towels and wash cloths. Ironically, after having done that I realized it probably would have been cheaper to buy the paint but then after painting I would have had to buy all those things to go with the new paint....you see how that works.

My energy levels are coming back up and while I do fade out around 3 or 4 pm I usually bounce back and feel better around supper time. I'm told radiation will make me tired but so far...not so much. I do now have some pinkness on my chest so I'm putting my cream on twice a day. Hopefully it won't get too bad.

I learned today that a friend's boyfriend had a stroke on the weekend, a pretty big one. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer (look how much it's done for me!) so I'm asking any of you who are inclined to pray to send some up that his recovery is complete and not too difficult. I'm sure he's got a long road ahead.

And so, dear friends, I'm off now to watch some tv, drink some wine and put my feet up.

Nitey nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment