Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I had a post all written yesterday but opted to not publish it. In retrospect, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it's garbled and clearly drug induced.

I'm feeling exponentially better today. (Word of the day toilet paper? No, just have a clearer head)  I'm still drugged but not to the point that I need to be in bed asleep.

This last round was strange. Normally, the side effects kick in on the Sunday and I feel like shit for Sunday, Monday and part of Tuesday. This time around they came in on the Saturday but only very mildly and lingered until Monday when they hit like napalm. So I spent all of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in bed and hopped up on percocets.

Today, I feel much better, still in a bit of pain but not unmanageable and my biggest complaint is the hot flashes. I went to the grocery store this morning, dressed like it was spring and yet I was sweating buckets. My head, even now, despite my not wearing my wig, is soaked. it feels gross. I suppose this is the drugs coming out of me.

And now that I'm feeling a bit better I can start looking forward to what's to come. Good things. Like my hair growing back!!

Yes, you heard it here first...my hair is going to start growing back! I'm insanely excited!! (Ironically, I just got the check from the insurance company today that covered the cost of my wig) I know it will be a long time before I have anything I can even brush but it's going to grow back! As will my eyebrows (I still have some eyebrows) and my eyelashes!!  I could do without the other body hair but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I feel like the last several months of my life have been a holding pattern. Chemo, sick, bored. Chemo, sick, bored....  I'm looking forward to, at the very least, a change of routine (I might be singing a different tune after 2 weeks of radiation everyday but for now....)

I think a trip to Michael's is in order this afternoon. And perhaps some chicken wings tonight - to celebrate the end of chemo.

Almost done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment