Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Zesty Lime Chicken

We all enjoyed Shameless Plug Sunday and the irony that the 'plug' was for a plug was not lost on me.  I'm just silly that way.

Tuesdays are the worst day of the week if you ask me. On Monday you're rested from the weekend and ready to tackle the week. Wednesdays are hump day so you start looking forward to the weekend. Thursdays are practically weekend and Friday may as well be there weekend. Saturday and Sunday speak for themselves but Tuesday....what can it offer you. Nothin'!

Well all that changes today. It's Tasty Tuesday. Each Tuesday I'm going to share a recipe with you. Something I've actually eaten, not just something I've googled...that way I know it's good. And if I have the presence of mind, I'll even take a picture of the finished product (despite the fact taking pictures of food goes against everything I stand for....I can't make the exception here)

This week however, you're SOL for the picture. Next time I make this recipe I'll take a picture and come back and post it.

So the  recipe this week is for my take on Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken.

Zesty Lime Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Dressing:

1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
dash black pepper
dash garlic powder

In a 9 x 13 baking dish cook the chicken breast as normal.

Meanwhile, cook 1 cup of brown rice as directed. I like to mix in 1/4 cup of Sundried Tomato Dressing to the water to flavour the rice.

Once chicken is cooked cover with dressing and 1/2 cup of grated low fat marble cheese. Put back into the oven at 350 for approximately 10 minutes to warm dressing and melt cheese.

Serve zesty lime chicken over rice with tortilla chips on the side, and a large helping of Pico de Gallo

Pico de Gallo

3 roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small spanish onion diced
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp. of cilantro.

combine and let sit for for an hour refrigerated so the flavours can blend.


Enjoy! If you give the recipe a try, post a comment and let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment