Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

65

Today would have been my Dad's 65th birthday. I truly think that with how my Dad's health was over the last 10 years, with his diabetes and heart he didn't think he'd ever see 65. But despite that, not one of us every in a million years thought it would be cancer that took him from us.

I suspect it will be a sad day today, wishing we could have him here to celebrate such a milestone birthday. Tonight many of us will get together at a nice restaurant my Dad liked and have dinner together to celebrate his birthday and toast him and his contribution to our lives and our world.

As much as I wish my Dad could still be here I take solace in knowing he's up in Heaven rooting for me, praying for me and putting in a good word for me. He's one of my many strengths and like my Dad, I'm a fighter. He'll help me beat cancer, I know that without a doubt.

But I still wish I could hug him when I'm scared.

I miss you Dad.
Happy Birthday.
I love you.


Dad, me and Mom on my wedding day. March, 1998


Dad, me, Mary Jo and Emily, sometime in 2003



Dad and Connor kisses. This one hangs above Connor's bed.
 

Mary Jo and Papa share a yawn.



Dad and his Mom Eva, my Grandma/Memere


1 comment:

  1. I Love the photos Jean ... thanks for sharing :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete