Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Find Your Joy.

joy  noun \ˈjȯi\   : the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires
as defined by Merriam-Webster

Most people spend their whole lives searching for the meaning of life. Who are we? Why are we here? What is the point?  The answers depend entirely on your morals and beliefs. If you are religious, chances are you believe we're here because a higher power has a plan for us (that's my personal belief). And further to that I believe that that the beginning and the end of our lives are written in stone - and perhaps some specific events that lead us to that (the beginnings of other lives or the ends of our own)   but the rest of the journey is ours to make.

It's the rest of the journey that seems to have the world stumped. The search for meaning, purpose, fullfillment and happiness.

Could it be that I've found it?

I can honestly say that for the first time in my life I am happy. Really, truly happy. I like love the direction my life is in.  And the reason. I don't long for anything.

I have three fabulous kids. At one time I wanted to have more...many more....but that feeling has passed and I have made my peace with it. My baby is 3 now. He's going to school in the fall. My oldest is 11 and becoming quite a young lady.  I see the light at the end of the 'dependant on Mommy' tunnel and the new stage of parenting - the one in which I can enjoy both the joy of  more independant children and the joy of seeing my kids learn and grow.

I have a fabulous husband. We've been down some very rocky roads and it's made us stronger, more loving, more in tune with each other and more able to see each others needs. The journey was hell but the destination was worth it.

Happiness.

I have my dream job. I know it's still the honeymoon stages, less than a year in, but truthfully, I've never felt this way about a a job before and I've had jobs I've loved. This is different. I feel at home. I can truly see me doing this job until I retire.  (Though a small note to all of my Ontario readers....vote Liberal in the fall Provincial elections because if Hudak replaces McGuinty I could be out of a job!!)

Fullfillment.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't long for more. I wish my family were more intact. I wish my Dad were still here. I wish my brother was as he used to be. I wish I were in better shape and 30 lbs lighter. I wish I had more money and less debt.  There are a million material things I wish for. But these are things I either can't change or am working towards.

Purpose.

I wish the same for you, my dear readers. I hope you find your happiness, your fullfillment and your purpose.

Find your joy.

1 comment: