Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Secret to Successful Weight Loss

I've found the secret. I'll bet you'd like to know, wouldn't you? Well, I'm going to share it with you because that's the kind of girl I am today.

Work. All the time. If I stay at work there is drastically less opportunity for me to fill myself with crap.

We've just wrapped up spring break. I've been home all week. I've discovered (poor choice of words...I've always known and it was just further proven) that I have absolutely NO will power.

The thing is, I don't keep sweets in the house. I don't buy cookies and junk like that. Mostly because if i do, I'll eat them but also because if I buy them I don't make an effort to pack healthy snacks for the girls for school. I get lazy, throw some Bear Paws in their lunch bags and call it a night.

This week my mom made cookies. Damn her. She couldn't make pie? (I hate pie) She couldn't make cake? (not a fan) No, she made cookies. Chocolate chip ones. My. Favourite.  And to make matters worse, I had to do laundry this week which meant I couldn't just not go downstairs. And if I'm downstairs and the cookies are there....well let's call a spade a spade. I'm gonna eat them.

The next problem is lunch. At work I eat salad for lunch. At home there are options. At work there aren't. I make my salad the night before so that I'm not hungry when I'm packing my lunch and therefore less inclined to pack it with crap and empty calories.

But at home I'm free to eat eggs for lunch, or leftovers from last night or grilled cheese.....

Then there's the gym. This is the first week that I didn't go three times. I went twice. In my defence it wasn't that I didn't want to go but I was having a particularly unpleasant visit from that bitch Aunt Flo and let's face it, 30 minutes on the elliptical with her wouldn't be pretty.

I cheated and got on the scale again. I haven't lost anything, in fact I gained a pound. I'm hoping it's water retention from the aforementioned unwelcome guest but it's more likely due to having had wings twice last week plus beer and nachos.

Hey, did I mention I made 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies from scratch this afternoon?

Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment