Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's The Small Victories That Matter

We bought the Wii game Epic Mickey for the girls just after Christmas.

I've said before, I'm not much of a 'gamer'. I play things like Jeopardy, Wii Sports and other games that don't require gaming skills. I'm no good at things like Super Mario and Donkey Kong and I quickly lose interest.

But, since the girls and Sean all got new games for Christmas they were pretty occupied with them so I thought I'd be the first to crack it open and give it a try.

I became a junkie. It was a super fun game! And it didn't take a lot of skill, it's more of a puzzle game.

Last night I finished the game. I saved Oswald and Ortensia and got Mickey home. 

I finished the game!

Is it sad that I was totally proud of myself for finishing the game? I was so excited. I still am. I finished a game. I have this overwhelming sense of accomplishment. And I also have an urge to play it again because even though I finished it, I failed at some of the tasks and didn't complete some others. I didn't collect all my film reels.....

I know it's a stupid thing, but I'm happy nonetheless. I finished a game.

Yay Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment