Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Random Rambles

I'm feeling a mixture of blah and energetic today.

I've cooked supper for tomorrow night already, as well as supper for tonight. (Roast pork for tonight - our Sunday tradition) and for tomorrow I tried something new. It's sweet potato, lentil, barley soup. I was going to throw it in the crock pot tomorrow and then though - duh, why not today - one less thing to do tomorrow. I gotta say, it's out of this world. I got the recipe out of my Today's Parent magazine.
Normally I don't do recipes from magazines, I find them too fru fru and labour intensive but this is soup and forgive me but you have to be an idiot to not be able to make soup.

I have to say too, it's one fantastic soup. Very tasty and surprisingly hearty for not having any meat in it. (I'm thinking it would taste nice with chicken or beef if one was so inclined)

I also made cheese biscuits to go with it but not any cheese biscuits, I made cheese biscuits a la Red Lobster. I'm a skeptic when it comes to copied restaurant recipes - I tried a Swiss Chalet chicken sauce once that was horrible but I have found an Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken recipe that is out of this world (and in my regular rotation) so I thought I'd give the cheese biscuits a go.
I used this recipe and it really did surpass my expectations. They are out of this world.

So, that's all done (plus salad for my lunch tomorrow)

I also got my laundry done. I know, not really that fascinating. I have a remarkable amount of clothes that need to be ironed now - the same ones that can't go into the drier. This sucks a bit since I hate ironing.

The lock on my front door broke today too. It jammed so I was locked in my house. I took the whole thing apart but still couldn't get it opened. I ended up having to call a locksmith. I don't like calling any kind of tradesmen on weekends - it means it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg. But I can't not get in and out of my house either.

He came and had my door fixed within 30 minutes. Can't complain. And it didn't totally ruin me, $150. Could have been worse.

I'm thinking about putting together some kind of giveaway for Papa's Pride (a bag or photo greeting cards or something) to try to get our name out there a bit more. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of how I'd do it and whether or not I'd do it through the blog or through facebook. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. Would it be cheeky of me to write a letter to our local paper the Oshawa This Week? They do special interest stories. They did a story about Lisa's Beads (I have three of their bracelets...they are lovely!)

Anyhow, that's my random ramblings for today. Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment