Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I think I might be a nerd

I was watching the news yesterday and there was a story about the release of the video game Halo Reach.




Now, I'm not exactly what you might call a gamer. I don't have an xbox, I have Wii. I play games like Mario Galaxy and Wipeout (and I suck at both) I don't even understand the concept of some of these games.

But I know to gamers games like Halo are HUGE.

So the news story was about the people who lined up for upwards of 8 hours to be the first to get the game at midnight.....so they could go home and spend all night playing it.
One guy even went on to say "This is like my dream come true!"

Wow. Just....wow. Really? Your dream come true is to line up for 6 hours to buy a video game so you can stay up all night and play it.

Dream big my friend.

So while I sit in my chair, and blog and judge about the sheer nerdiness of these people we reflect upon one Saturday morning in August in 2008 in which I made Sean line up with me at Toys R Us to get a Wii Fit. Only 30 were available at the store and I wanted one for my birthday. So we lined up for an hour and a half and got one of the last units there.

I'm thinking I may have to come down off my high horse. I did line up for a video game.

I'm not coming down all the way though, I only played it for a few hours.....not all long.

No comments:

Post a Comment