Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Up

My mom took Emily and Mary Jo to see the movie Up yesterday. I've seen a few commercials but didn't really know what the movie was about. Given the current situation, I think it was the wrong choice of movies for my mom to go to.

Here's the synopsis (a la Emily, so for those who've seen it, if I'm wrong about things, blame her!) A man and woman get married. They are to have a baby but wife miscarries. The man and women have dreams of going on adventures but time passes, they grow old and the wife dies. They have never fulfilled their dreams of adventuring together. So the man becomes a bitter old coot.
Now, it's at this part that apparently my mom is getting choked up in the theatre, enough that Mary noticed, leaned over to Emily and told her "I think Nana's crying!"
And naturally, that hard feeling carried over and I think my mom had a rough night last night. I wish I knew how to make it better for her but I know there isn't anything I can do. Nothing can take the place of 37 years with your best friend and it's going to be a long road for her to feel normal again.

I had my interview yesterday with the new client. I'm actually pretty happy about this one. Yes, the little guy is only a year (which gives me two 1 year olds and Connor) but he's a part timer and his hours are way better than the little one who's leaving. And the parents seem pretty nice. Mom's a bit of a worry wart but she also openly admits to being a control freak and nervous first time mom so I can work with that.
Now if I could just get summer vacation to hurry up and be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment