Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Waiting and Wondering

I'm not known for my patience. I mean I am in some regards, I can be as patient as the day is long when it comes to kids but with adults and with things that involve me, I'm not patient at all. And I most certainly don't like to not be in control.

So here's where I stand with this new job. I know I have one. I know what school I'm working in and I know how much I'm being paid. I know that (for this year at least) I will not be working school holidays.

And that's all I know.

Here's what I don't know.

I don't know what day I actually start work. (though I do know it's before labour day) I don't know which teacher I'll be working with. I don't know what hours I'll be working. I don't know which union I'll be represented by and therefore don't know my benefits.

I've been informed that there is something going on on the morning of September 2nd that I'm to attend but I'm to confirm with my principal. How you ask? Good question since school is done for the summer.

The Ministry of Education is offering a summer institute next week to train Early Learning Program staff on the new curriculum and because space is limited it was first come first serve. I put my name in to go and never heard back. So I assumed (correctly) that there was not enough room for me and I didn't get in. But then on Wednesday I got an email saying that there were a few more spaces and I had to confirm ASAP it I wanted to go. I said YES! I do want to go but please confirm with me that I've been registered so I can arrange for childcare.

I haven't heard a thing. And the summer institute is set for next week. And it's 2 hours away. And I still don't know if I'm even supposed to go.

I realize this is a slap together job by the board because everything was announced so late in the year but it's frustrating being on this end and not knowing anything. I don't want to become one of those annoying people who calls every other day to ask questions but this is getting ridiculous.

I'm not in control of things and I don't like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment