Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

A recipe for you

One of my friends gave me a recipe to try out. Now see the following disclaimer for my healthier mommy readers....

This isn't the healthiest of recipes as posted but I'm sure it could be easily adapted with homemade whole grain biscuit dough and ground turkey or no meat at all and chalk full of veggies. That's the genius of this recipe.

So, one can of biscuit dough (like Pillsbury)
1/2 lb ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
1/4 c of finely chopped peppers
1/4 cup of finely chopped celery
1/4 grated cheese

Cook the meat and add in the celery and peppers. At this point I also used a little bit of homemade BBQ sauce just to flavour the meat mixture a bit.

So, separate the biscuits into a muffin pan
Make a divot in the biscuits big enough to fill with 1 tbsp of meat mixture
Fill each biscuit divot with 1 tbsp of meat mixture
Sprinkle grated cheese over it and bake as directed on the biscuit dough package.

The kids LOVED it. I mean, ate all 10 of them and didn't leave me any. And the beauty of this is that they can be filled with anything, pepperoni, marinara and cheese to make pizza ones, assorted veggies, ground meats whatever you like.

I would have taken a picture of them for you but A: I think it's weird when people take pictures of food and B: I couldn't get the camera on them fast enough; the kids hogged them down.

Oh, and a little side note. As you can see my blog is almost back to how it was. My only problem is that the maps is so stinking big I have to adjust the sizing and then my header doesn't centre. But I don't want to get rid of my map, I like seeing where my random visitors are coming from. Maybe I'll look for a different gadget to do that. Any suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment