Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

What I'll never be...

I have begged for years for a newer, better camera. I started with the basic 35mm film camera (actually, I had one of those 110 film cameras - remember those?) and gradually moved up the ranks from film to digital point and shoot to finally, my DSLR. It's just a starter one but it's a lot of camera for me.
So armed with my kit lens, my photoshop software and a few friends who know what they are talking about I have begun snapping. Since Christmas I've taken upwards of 3000 pictures. That's an average of 42 pictures a day. Yikes.
Most end up going on the stick and are not worthy of anything more than looking back on but some are pretty decent and worth printing. At least I think so.

The thing is, I'll never make a living at this (not that I wouldn't want to) It is an insanely expensive hobby. With just my basic starter dslr and kit lens and photoshop software I'm already in for $600 beans and that's without a better lens and fancy speed lights...
I know what looks good in other peoples photos and I'm working at getting that accomplished in mine but the software is overwhelming. It's good thing I've got so many pics to play with so that I can practice on the not so great ones and not totally destroy the good ones.

I'm not worried though. I'm having a blast taking pictures of everything that moves (or doesn't move) and though I may never make any money at this, I'm going to have an excellent documentation of my kids lives - I am after all their own personal paparazzi!



















No comments:

Post a Comment