Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

6 Degrees of Separation

Now here's a weird one.

When I was a kid my best friend's name was Diana. We were friends from when we met at 9 years old until she moved cross country when we were 16. We stayed in touch by phone and letters (yeah, back in the time before email and internet) but more or less lost touch after a year or so.
Diana had two sisters, Donna and Debbie. (and a brother but he's not relevant to this) Before they moved away Debbie had a baby, she named her Ashley.

Fast forward to a couple of years ago when I discovered Facebook. I found my friend Diana on Facebook and friended her. I also friended her sister Donna.

The other day I was playing around on facebook and saw a status update from Donna. Nothing too interesting but Ashley (the now grown up niece) had replied to her. So I clicked on Ashley's profile just to see what she looked like now (last time I saw her she was about a year old)

So on Ashley's profile page I see a post from someone else named Nancy. Her last name was what caught my eye, I know someone with the same name. So I click on that Nancy's profile and sure enough, we have a mutual friend. This mutual friend is a girl named Noelle, who was one of my daycare kids (one of my favorites) from 10 years ago (she's all grown up now) My suspicions were confirmed. This Nancy is the mother of two of my other former daycare kids (they were bff's with Noelle - we used to refer to them as the three musketeers)

So - somehow, this mother of my former daycare kids (who lives in the same general area I do) knows my childhood bff's niece who lives at the other end of the country. And I know them both.

Weird.......

No comments:

Post a Comment