Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

another day

I hate the internet. It makes the world far to small and gives us access to information that we'd be better off without. Maybe.

Little Layla Grace, who I wrote about in this post passed away yesterday.

If it weren't for the internet I never would have 'met' the woman who told me about her. I never would have read her mom's blog and followed her on twitter. I would have remained blissfully ignorant.

But at the same time, I think about the good that came from it. Sometimes you need that little reminder of just how good you have it. I have the good fortune to be able to complain about the terrible two's and I'd be willing to stake my life that Layla's mom wishes she could too. I bet she'd welcome the terrible two's with unmatched enthusiasm. This morning when Connor woke (it's getting better - it was 5:40 am!) I brought him into bed with me, knowing full he would sleep. Instead I watched him play with his soother and his glow worm, whisper about the blanket and my pillow and every now and then he'd rub my head and whisper "Night Night Mommy" Then we snuggled under the covers together and watched The Big Comfy Couch.

As much as he has his moments of driving me insane (as do his sisters!) I am blessed to have them here, healthy and happy to do just that. And after having read Layla's story I don't think I'll ever forget to not take that for granted again.

Okay, on to something a little more cheerful.

I'm counting down until my holidays. Two more working days to go - and only one of them is hard. Friday Mary Jo gets to play hookey from school so that she and I can have a Mommy/Mary day. We're going to shop and have lunch and she wants to go swimming so we'll see if we can fit that in. On Sunday we're taking the kids to Niagara Falls for the night. Always a good trip though I'll confess I'm a little nervous. We're staying at the Hilton. It's tower is 52 stories. I'm worried I'm going to get room in the 30's or 40's. I don't do heights well and do elevators even worse. I'm going to request the lowest floor possible when we get there for check in. We've got a suite with a jacuzzi so we'll all pile into the tub together, load it up with bubbles and have some fun. I'm also hoping to have some fun with my camera. (provided the forcasted rain holds off!)

The rest of the week will be for relaxing, doing whatever we like and getting Emily moved into her new room. She's tired of sharing with Mary and has decided she'd like to move downstairs. So she's taking my dad's room. I'm a little torn on how I feel about this. I was the one who suggested it to her but at the same time I like having her nearby, not all the way downstairs. I'm sure she'll be fine though. She's excited and surprisingly so is Mary. We shall see.

I'll tell you one thing though, I'm NOT moving all that stuff back up stairs if she changes her mind a week later!

No comments:

Post a Comment