Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What do my addiction and Eddie Vedder have in common?

In order to answer that question you have to know what my addiction is first.

I am addicted to Breathe Right Nose Strips. (well, in fairness, the generic version because the Breathe Right are expensive)
See, I snore. I'll admit it. I snore pretty loud too. I think it's a combination of sleep apnea, excess weight and a narrow palate. And when I'm pregnant it's 100 times worse (no, I'm not pregnant) So when I was pregnant with Connor I started using the nose strips to help reduce the snoring a bit. I discovered that I really could breathe better. I slept better. I didn't wake up with the pasty mouth. So after Connor was born I kept using them. And now I can't stop.

I've been having some sinus pain in the last few days and it's starts in my nose and moves into my eye. I don't have a sinus infection, I'm not sick, so I think it's because of the pulling of these strips on my nose. But I can't get into the Dr to see for sure for another two weeks. (well I could but I don't want to take time off work) So last night, on Sean's recommendation I went to bed without my nose strip on.

At 11:00 I was still awake. At 12:00 I was in a mid sleep but still aware of Sean next to me. At 12:45 Connor started crying because he couldn't find his soother. So I got up, got a nose strip on and was asleep in minutes. I could breathe. Oh wonderful breathing!!

So, I'll happily deal with whatever sinus issue this is causing me because Lord knows, I need my sleep!

Now what does this having in common with Eddie Vedder? Well, I'm sure any Pearl Jam fans have put it together by now. But if not go watch this video and then come back.

I'm not a huge Pearl Jam fan. I don't own any of their albums. I think I had one, back in the 90's when I was dating a guy who was a giant Pearl Jam fan but like I said, I'm not going to any concerts anytime soon.
I am however, a big Eddie Vedder fan. I truly think he's got the best voice there is. He just makes you feel it. So when I heard 'Just Breathe' on the radio a few weeks ago I had to have it and immediately went to iTunes for it. It reminded me of the soundtrack for Into The Wild (which if you haven't seen this movie...you are missing one hell of a movie) which is at first what I thought it was from. It's an awesome movie but the soundtrack makes it even better - no one can inspire you and make you want to hurl yourself from a bridge all at the same time like Eddie Vedder can.

And so now I have my song, I also got the soundtrack from the movie and it's all nicely mixed into my playlist now.

And so, if you still haven't figured it out yet....what do my addiction and Eddie Vedder have in common? Just Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment