Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Shopping with the girls.

Who'd have thought that A: I would have so much fun shopping and not have spent a dime on myself and B: I would actually be exhausted from said shopping trip.

Yesterday was our post Christmas girls only shopping day. This is the day that Emily, Mary Jo and I go shopping with our Christmas money, no boys allowed. The thing is, because of my extravagant gift this year I didn't get any shopping money so I was armed with the girls cash and Connor's cash (in case I saw a 'must have')

Emily has grown out of shopping in the 'kid' stores. She doesn't want to go to Gymboree or Children's Place. She wants to go to Aeropostal and Garage. She wants to wear Bench and Hollister clothes. My only saving grace with this is that she does understand the value of a dollar and though she could easily blow through $100 of my money she's more careful with her own. She doesn't want to spend $94 on a hoody at lululemon when she can get an equally nice one on sale at Garage for $20. In the end she got two hoodies, a t-shirt and the ever popular animal hat and matching mittens for $50. Not too shabby.

Mary was good too. She spent all of her money ($80) but got some toys, some webkinz and a pretty cute outfit (that matches!!) at Children's Place.

But what I loved about the day was the time with the girls. I love spending time with them, not doing chores or errands, not distracted by the tv, computer or wii. Time for us. We don't get it often and when we do I soak it all in. Say what you will about people who give gift cards or cash as Christmas presents but I love it. Because it buys us so much more than stuff. It buys us that time together, mother and daughters, to shop, be silly, have lunch and not worry about spending money that could be paying the window debt. This is our Mother Daughter Bonding money....no greater gift could someone give my kids.

And truth be known I did get myself a little something. I bought a little cloth to clean my lense with. hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment