Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tsk tsk

Bad little blogger. It's been too long since I wrote. It's not for lack of things to say, just a lack of time.

So let's get busy.

I'm pondering yet another career change, though with a lot of anxiety. I thought at first that getting into the school board this early in the transition to full day learning would be bad. There are going to be issues with the ECE's and the teachers, a pissing contest if you will, but I also see the merits in getting in. Union. Better pay. Pension. School holidays off with my kids. And the best part, fulfilling a dream to be a kindergarten teacher.
So I'm applying to all four boards (Durham public and Catholic and Toronto public and Catholic.) The clincher of this of course being that I need to have a Pastoral Reference Letter to apply to the catholic boards and I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to get one. I'm still waiting on the Priest to call me back and I'm a nervous wreck. I'll keep you posted.

I've discovered that I'm raising a mall walker. On Monday mornings I don't have any daycare kids here so Sean and I go to the mall. Of course, it's not open until 10 so we just walk and window shop. With the little old ladies and little old men. And Connor joins right in. He loves the freedom of being able to walk around the mall when it's not open because it's just us and the mall walkers and I don't worry about Grampa trampling him (though I do worry about him tripping Grampa!)
I wonder about my future. When the stores start opening the mall walkers all gather at Timmies or the food court and they drink their tea and eat their muffins and they all know each other (it's like the old people version of my high school days hanging out in the food court and Woodside Mall) The yell things at each other across the food court, they giggle and they seem to be in cliques.
I wonder if Sean and I will be like that when we're older. I wonder if my mom thought she and my dad would be like that now? And then I get sad.

Finally, today was my EDD for Violet. Had I not miscarried I would be planning a third birthday party sometime around now. As always I say how bittersweet this day is. If I hadn't have lost this baby I wouldn't have Connor now. And while this day three years ago was incredibly hard, it was also joyous because I had also just learned that I was pregnant with Connor. Everything happens for a reason. We may not always like it when it happens but I think in the end, the outcome is worthwhile.

And Connor is certainly worth my while.

No comments:

Post a Comment