Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yay!

My dad came home last night. The kids were happy to see him. I was happy to see him. Apparently he couldn't get out of the hospital fast enough.
So now that he's home we can relax a bit and enjoy our time with him. We're going to have a big bbq on Father's Day since it will be our last with him. I've already decided what the kids will give him. I'm going to get one of those 'make you own garden stepping stones' kits and they're going to make a stone that says Papa's Pond. And we'll put it right next to (d'uh) the pond.

While I'm more relaxed about him being home I'm also incredibly nervous with the daycare. We've got a lot of germs coming in and I've ramped up my sick policy so that the kids can't come if they even have a cold but I also know from years of experience at this that some parents will try to slide under that policy. I'm sure at some point I will have a child here who shouldn't be because they are sick. And being emotional about this, I'm not very flexible. This is one of those cases that some of my daycare friends would joke about because the 'termination queen' would strike again. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm a little jaded. So all I can do is hope for the best that all my new families really understand the gravity of the situation.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That's great that he's come home ..

    Honey, your daycare parents need to respect the "seriousness" of why you have made the changes ... if they can't be respectful ..

    or I'm sure a termination will occur.

    ReplyDelete