Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

They're here!

I'm a bit relieved. The books are here (I take back all the bad things I said about the femailman)

I ordered this and this.

The first one is a workbook, lots of colouring and such to help them work through their feelings and understand that everything they feel is okay. I think this will be great for Emily. She's like me in that writing it down is so much easier than saying it out loud (hence the blog)
The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is that the book covers happy endings (Going into remission or being cured and the fear of your love one relapsing) It does not cover the ending we'll have. I guess I'll need to find more books.

The second one is fantastic! It covers everything from what cancer is to how everyone may feel (patient included) and it even deals with death and it's all in language that Mary will be able to understand and Emily won't feel like she's being talked down to.

Now the problem will be getting through reading the story without crying. I can't even read Robert Munsch's Love You Forever without crying. But I think these books will be perfect for getting the discussion going again so that they really understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment