Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Green Thumb

Have I ever mentioned that I can't grow a plant to save my life? I have one plant, some type of greenery that's been alive for years, despite rarely being watered and often forgotten. But besides that I kill everything I try to grow.  Probably because I rarely water them and often forget them.

Connor and I planted a garden a few weeks ago. We planted tomatoes, carrots, peas, beans, lettuce, and watermelon. The peas and carrots are starting to grow. Nothing else yet. Of course, it might be because we planted them in a patch of dirt in the backyard without adding in any potting soil. I don't have the heart to rip it all out and start again because of the few little seeds that are growing.

Today I bought 3 flats of flowers. I don't even know what most of them are called, except for the marigolds and petunias. My mom had 'planted' artificial flowers in the planters outside so I replaced them all with the real ones.

This is the first time I've ever, voluntarily, planted flowers.

I enjoyed it. I just hope they all live, grow and multiply.  I hope the yard will look nice.

And now, I need an Advil because holy crap, my joints are killing me!

I planted petunias in my Dad's planter. It's right beside the pond. My Dad's pond. I noticed our froggies are out again from their winter sleep. We have 5 that I can tell, possibly more though. But it looks like two adults and three younger ones. I've named the two adults George and Gracie. The kids aren't named yet. I got some great pictures today of one of the adult ones.



Now I'm going to get to work on the luminaries for the Relay. We bought a heart. That's 25 luminaries that we can dedicate to whoever we want. They will put them in the centre of the track, shaped into a heart with a sign with our team name on it in the middle. It will look really nice.


It's a beautiful sunshiny day here.

Happy Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment