Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

It makes you think...don't it?

A little while back I noticed that my blog had been visited by a web crawler of sorts that seeks out posts about feelings. I wrote about it here.

Every now and then when I'm bored I'll take a look at the site and see if I can't stumble across an interesting blog to read.

I hit the jackpot yesterday.

I stumbled across a blog written by a young woman who decided to donate her kidney. Not because she had a family member or friend who was in need of one and she was a match but because she figured she had two perfectly good kidneys, she can live just fine with one so why not give the other to someone who can use it.

And she did.

I support organ donation 100%. I think everyone who can should have themselves marked off as organ donors.  But living, anonymous donations....

To be perfectly honest,  I didn't know you could even do this...just anonymously donate organs to people. It was a long process to make sure she was physically, mentally and emotionally fit to donate her kidney and despite not everyone in her life being 100% supportive, she went ahead and did it.

And in the process saved someone's life.

Talk about your random acts of kindness.

It's not something I think I would ever do (I should qualify this by saying I would donate my kidney or anything else I could to someone I knew who needed it - I'm talking about anonymous donation)  but nonetheless I am in awe of what lengths some people will go to for the good of others.

Anyhow, it was something that got me thinking all day yesterday.

So, you'll notice my new layout. I'm not happy with it but I got bored of the old one. I'm hoping to have one custom made by Little Bean Shop, just waiting on a price list. She's awesome so I encourage you to visit her etsy shop for all of your custom graphics needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment