Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Time to get back on that horse

You may (or may not) have noticed a sudden decline in my sewing. I had to take a break when I started working and only did custom jobs and the Christmas gift bags.
But June 3rd is just around the corner as is the Oshawa Relay for Life  so I need to get my butt in gear and get some more bags made and cards printed.  I had a thought on a way to customize the bags even more but I'm going to keep this idea a secret for a bit and research my options first.

So, starting tomorrow night I'm getting back into the swing of sewing. I'm going to aim to make 4 bags this week and then my goal will be 1 bag a week from January to the end of May.  That should give me roughly 22 bags plus the ones I still have available, plus a few sets of cards to sell at the Relay.

And now, the shameless plug. I have a lot of new readers so I'd like to direct your attention for a minute to my other blog Papa's Pride.  This blog is dedicated to my Dad, who I lost to cancer in 2009 and my efforts to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society through our participation in the Relay for Life.  From there you can chose to make donation to our team (aptly named Papa's Pride) or you can purchase one of the custom tote bags or photo greeting cards from my Etsy Store and all proceeds are donated directly to our team.

But barring that - at the very least, if you are on Facebook, please go to my FB page and click "Like" The more likes I get the more traffic is generated and the more money we can potentially raise.

Everyone is touched by cancer in some way.  No effort to fight back is too small. We can all make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment