Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

How Do Parents Do This??

I am humbled by any parent whose child has medical issues of any kind; by any parent who has to sit and wait for a child to have surgery or treatments for major illnesses.

I wrote before about Connor's cavities. I'm writing from the waiting room. They just put him to sleep. That in itself was a nightmare for me. My baby is in a giant dental chair with a mask on his face crying because he's terrified and it took so long for him to drift off.

And now I sit and wait while they do his fillings. That's the easy part I guess. They just told me he's got 8 cavities all in his molars (thanks shitty genetics) so they'll be a while.

And I still feel like an idiot for even going on like this because of all the people whose names pop into my head who have gone through REAL problems withy their kids, not this petty bullshit. And I'm sure each and every one of them would like to slap me and say 'quit being an asshole, it's a cavity!! Talk to me when there is something really wrong with your child!!"

It's not the cavities though, it's the anesthesia. I'm terrified he won't wake up.

These people do this everyday. They are trained medical experts. He'll be fine. And I'll be fine when we're home and he's back to normal.

I guess what I want to say is Charla, Jenny, Missy, and Shauna....you ladies are all super heroes in my books. If I'm getting this worked up over some silly little cavities I'd be downright catatonic after walking even 10 feet in your shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment