Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

So This is Christmas

I'm sure you've been waiting with bated breath to hear all about my Christmas.
What?

You haven't? You mean to tell me you have a life outside of reading my blog? Well shit.

Alright, all jokes aside, I'm going to tell you all about my Christmas anyway.

We spent Christmas eve with my brothers and their families. It was the only day all of us could collect at one time. It was really nice having everyone together but I'll admit, I was feeling incredibly lousy and couldn't really focus on anything. It's my own fault. I spent a week taking percocets for the after treatment pain and then rather than weaning slowly I stopped cold turkey on Christmas eve so that I could indulge in a little beverage of the alcoholic variety. But stopping like that after taking them every 4 hours for a week leaves you with withdrawal symptoms.

However, all of that aside, it was a lovely evening an a delicious meal.

The kids got to open their gifts (on Christmas eve! That's unheard of!)


Monster Trucks rule! We're taking Connor to see Monster Jam in January. Grave Digger is the coolest.


Who doesn't love shopping?? She spent it already!



Who doesn't love shopping and pop?? She spent hers already too.

When we came home from my brothers house the kids ran right to their rooms to find their elf pj's. You see, every Christmas eve when we are out visiting one of Santa's elves stops by and leaves everyone a new pair or pajama's for Christmas.

My oldest brother stayed with us for Christmas this year. It was nice.

My brother and I were very close when I was young but in the last 13 years or so  we grew apart. we were very different people with very different lives. In the last few years my brother has hit some hard times and he's not beginning to build himself back up and get his life back and for the first time in a very long time I really feel like I have three brothers again, not just two. I was glad to have him here and I know he was glad to be here.

When I get home and I know I'm not going out again I tend to get into my comfy clothes. That means, wig off, bra/boob off and pajamas on. As I said I was not feeling well on Christmas eve so when I got home I went right to my room to get changed. Connor came with me. I pulled my wig off and Connor wanted to help me put it on the foam head I keep it on. Instead I put it on him.


He looks just like me.


After the kids went to bed, we dug all of the presents out of the cold room and sorted them into their piles under the tree. Santa had to change the living room around to accommodate them all.


On Christmas morning the kids were thrilled with their big gifts



Emily loved her TNA coat




Mary was thrilled about her iPod touch.

Connor got a LeapPad and while I can't say he was overjoyed when he opened it (he didn't know what it was) but once we opened it for him to play with we didn't see him for over an hour. And now he spends a good part of the day playing with his 'iPod'.


It was a lovely, quiet, relaxing Christmas. We didn't go anywhere Christmas day. (I was going to go to mass but we spent so long opening presents I missed it)  Instead, we all found our separate corners and played with our new toys. (I got a new laptop and I bought Sean xbox 360 with kinect)


This morning I took the girls boxing day shopping to spend their money. Emily waited in line for over an hour to get into lululemon but she finally got her hoodie. (though it wasn't on sale)


I haven't been feeling 100% and I know had I been I would have enjoyed my Christmas more but I was happy to be feeling as good as I did and I hope that next year will be even better.

For now, I look ahead, to the New Year, to new things, to great things and to the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment