Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm Still Here.

You can't get rid of me that easily.

I'm so overwhelmed with busy that when I get a chance to not be busy I seize that moment....and sleep.

I'm in full fundraising mode. The plans for the Spring Tea are well underway. We've sold 32 tickets for the first seating (I said it was sold out...it's not actually but we're trying to encourage second seating sales) and 15 tickets for the second seating. I'm hoping some more Red Hat groups come through and buy some more tickets. I've been purposely completely accidentally leaving copies of the flyer for the Spring Tea in public places like the change room of the gym, the ATM vestibule, taped to bus shelters, in hopes of getting a few more sales.

This is the part where the shameless begging begins.  If you've already pledged to our team....feel free to skip this paragraph. If not...please.....read on.  Come to the tea. Or barring that, buy a ticket and don't come to the tea. Or barring that, buy a tote bag. Or barring make a pledge to our fantastic team....in memory of my Dad or of someone you love who is fighting or has lost their battle with cancer. 

I've only got 8 weeks left to reach our goal of $3000. We're at $900 now. I'm hoping my brothers really come through. I can get us $1000 in pledges, surely together they can find $500. And then my Uncle has pledged to double it and Bob's Your Uncle...we have $3000.  (actually, Paul's my Uncle...ha ha)

And then it starts all over again.

I've been busy at work too. I'm finally starting to feel that twinge...when is summer....when is summer? Don't get me wrong, I'm still honeymooning over my job but I'm tired.  I'm ready for a break. I'm ready for some sun. I'm ready to sleep in. I'm ready to stop paying daycare fees.

There's a lot of bitching and whining going on with the ECE's about the union again. Apparently not everyone gets that collective bargaining is a process and doesn't happen overnight. So while we work without a contract (something we knew would be the case when we voted our union in) some are unhappy with the time it's taking to negotiate. So they want to oust this union in favour of joining one that will roll us into an existing unit - therefore an immediate contract.....and while that's all fine and dandy like wine and candy (shit I'm tired) it's forgetting the bigger picture and why we voted in the other union in the first place.

Whatever.

Next in my random post of posts....

My cousin had one of his short stories published (actually he's had a few published) but I kind of liked this one (not that I didn't like the others)
Feel free to enjoy it. It's not long (hence - a short story)


And finally - because this damned song has been going through my head for weeks now....a short video. My Canadian readers who were old enough in the 80's will likely remember this. Enjoy a bit of Canadiana

No comments:

Post a Comment