Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A letter to Violet

Today could have been your second birthday. I hate today. I would give anything to be planning your party, making your cake and buying your presents. Instead I mourn the child I never held.

We never got to see you. We never got to hold you. We don't know if you were a boy or girl. We named you Violet because that is the flower for February. And even though you were never born, I love you more than words can say. I miss you and I miss what could have been.

I know you are looking over us now. It is because we lost you that we can look into Connor's blue eyes and hear him laugh and hug and kiss him. I wish I could have you both.

You weren't meant for this world and I know one day I will get to hold you in my arms but until then, I think of who you could have been everyday. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment