Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

What Better Reason to Celebrate!

I love parties. I love hosting parties more than anything. I like to have parties for absolutely no reason at all. I like to have parties for great reasons.

Three years ago, right smack dab in the middle of my cancer treatments I planned an epic Surprise 65th birthday party for my mom. Why was it so epic? Well, because I was smack dab in the middle of cancer treatments for one. But more importantly because I planned this party to take place in my house - the very same house my mother lives in, arranged for relative to fly in from out of town, made the food, made a 2 tiered birthday cake (my very first), and had the guests send letters with funny anecdotes about my mother and cleaned my house from top to bottom and swapped out the furniture from my living room to my dining room - all right under her nose.  Granted, I didn't do all of this alone, my brothers and sisters in law were a huge help.

And as shitty as I felt it really gave me a reason to smile during my treatments because I had such a great time planning it and she was genuinely surprised.

I'll admit, I was a little disappointed that Sean didn't throw me a party for my 40th last summer but I get it, he's not a party thrower.

But I am. And guess what. I'm in the initial planning stages of a party like no other. This will make my mom's 65th look like a card party at a seniors home.

I am planning a party that will have a band (or maybe a DJ, haven't figured that out yet) a photo booth, a signature drink, favors for the guests and more food and drinks than you can shake a paper plate at. And the whole think will be pink. Pink, pink and more pink. (well, maybe some mauve thrown in there too)  Can you guess what it is?

The rate of recurrence for breast cancer decreases somewhat after 5 years. July 27th, 2016 will be my 5 years.

And I'm gonna celebrate that bitch like crazy.

Yes, I realize it's 2 years away but time is faster than you think and when I say I want this party to be epic....I mean it. I'm going to invite literally everyone I know. And it's going to be awesome.

So if I know you....save the date. July 23, 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment