Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Honeymoon

You know how you build up something in your mind to be terrible and it turns out to be not as bad as you thought it would be?

You know how you build something up in your mind to be great and it doesn't live up to that expectation?

I'm going to admit now that I was terrified to start work. My first year started terribly but turned around and became a dream come true.

Last year, work took a back seat to my health and when I went back to work in April it was a complete and utter nightmare. I was stressed, tired, aggravated and I dreaded going to work every single day. I was counting down to the last day of school.

I expected a lot of the same this year.

Wow, was I wrong!

In fact, if this year stays on track with how it's going now - this year will be better than my first year. The kids are quiet. They are calm. They are well behaved. They are excited to be at school. We're only 3 days in but have already managed to cover everything we wanted to teach because the time we factored in for classroom/behaviour management was not required.

I hope and pray I'm not jinxing it but I'll tell ya, the only thing I don't like about going to work is the waking up at 5:45 am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment