Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Chemo Kind of Day

There was never a timeline given to me in which I'd start to feel better normal.  My oncologist tells me that all of my aches and pains have very little, if anything to do with chemo. My nurses tell me my aches and pains have everything to do with chemo. I'm more inclined to believe the nurses, not because I don't trust my dr, but because the nurses spend a whole lot more face time with the patients.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part, I feel completely normal. But I also notice certain things. My sense of smell for instance, is still a very strong trigger for nausea. We've got some new flushable wipes in the bathroom that smell to me like the Lysol clothes I was using after my first three chemos and everytime I go into or passed the bathroom I want to vomit.

I still can't drink cold water or even consider ice in my drinks.

My fingers still hurt sometimes, as do my toes. My back is terribly sore (which of course I've now convinced myself is cancer)

I've got a cold - my first real illness since all this started and my whole body hurts in a way that reminds me of chemo. I would kill for a Tylenol 3 because extra strength tylenol and advil aren't doing a thing for me.

I was talking with my sister in law's mother last night, she's a 10 year cancer survivor and she told me she was 7 years or so before she felt really normal again. I guess that's just the way it will be. I shouldn't complain but on these days when I feel like a giant bucket of crap it's hard to not be a whiny grouch.

I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Moving on....I'm enlisting your help in a fun (and completely pointless) competition I'm having with my now teenage daughter. You see, while other 13 year olds find me cool, my own does not. So I've presented her with a challenge. I've opened a twitter account (I didn't have one before, I still don't quite understand twitter) and I've bet her that in 3 months time I'll have more followers than she will.

This is where you come in, dear reader. Pop on over to Twitter and follow me @urmomiscooltoo

I promise to not fill up your twitter world with crap....I just really need bragging rights and for my teenager to concede that yes, her Mom is cool.

And feel free to tweet that to all your followers...the more the merrier!

1 comment:

  1. I have signed up and am now following you which shows just how special you are, lol.
    good luck...(now to figure out this twitter crap)

    ReplyDelete