Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

So much to do!

I'm slowly but surely wading through the pile of toys in the basement in preparation for my daycare closing garage sale. I'm excited, though it is bittersweet. I'll be happy to have the storage room available for storage again (of more than just toys)

So, at our garage sale the kids are having a fund raising table. They will be selling cookies and juice as well as the golf balls I wrote about before and we also made awareness ribbon pins. I've printed a list of what colour represents which kinds of cancer and our hope is to sell the whole batch of them (there are 60) for $1 each. That money will be what the girls raise for the relay next year.

I'm finding, as we approach the 1 yr anniversary of my dad's passing that this little endeavor, whether it pans out or not, is helping me process this all.

I can't believe it's been a year already. I miss my dad so much it hurts.

Here are the golf balls we made.


And here are our pins



So, I made the executive decision to decline the interview with the Durham District School Board. The more I thought about it the more I realized, I didn't want their job. I don't want to work in Oshawa, mainly because my daycare is in Ajax and I'm not switching his daycare. Plus, I look at all the positives of working in Toronto. I've met the principal. I've met the teacher. I like the other ECE who is working there (and we've come to an agreement about which teacher we'd both prefer to work with so we're going to both let the Principal know that next week) I know the neighbourhood and the school. I don't mind commuting, I LOVE that time alone, no kids, no husband, just me and my radio. And it's a bigger school board in a much bigger city so my opportunity for everything is better there.

I'm happy with my choice.

The downside is that I discovered yesterday that the kids school is not slated to have Full Day Learning in the 2011/2012 school year so now we have to figure out our childcare situation when Connor starts kindergarten. UGH!

If this is the only glitch I have in this new "I have a job!" plan then I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment